Sunday, April 25, 2010

'pookkutty' road, ladder in the room and time at the beach...

Doubly privileged as  a classmate and his former hostelmate, I was invited along with the rest of my class for his bro's marriage reception....

He- Aswin V Varma

venue- SS kalamandir,Chertala


After the initial inhibitions, I decided to go thinking it'd be the last chance we'd have in managing something in the semblance of a tour...


And thank God I did! (And thanks to Bastian and Midhun for persuading me.... and to Nibin for not letting himself to be persuaded to come-"I feel reeeaally sorry for you")



It's gonna be a very long post, so let's go straight to Chertala .


I was there by around 11:30. And after a quick trip to an ice cream parlor, i was joined by Midhun. Bastian and co. (Jith +Shown) weren't too late either...


And the WagonR rolled to our first destination.

Passing the Japan drinking water project and other innumerable sign posts along the Arukkutty road(Jith it's Arukkutty and not Pookkutty), we reached Sethulakshmi's home..


For the first time in my life, i was offered sip-ups as a welcome drink. But luckily the lunch that followed was of infinitely better standards that I couldn't really launch into the ice-creams that came after.

and in general, the little Sethu was cute and charming as ever (I know how it's going to be interpreted) and I was left hoping if I'd a sister like her...


With Sethu on an Activa (sitting on which she could barely touch the ground even with her special high heeled footwear)as our navigator, we set off for our next target- Prabitha's home...

But the guide proved to be incompetent that we took quite a long time despite the supposed short cut that was the ferry.

We finally reached there.

I don't know if I'm right to write about this.

But I find nothing wrong and so I proceed.

The house was thatched and it looked like one good rain could blow it off and the hall was barely large enough to hold the T.V, the only thing that looked modern.

And we didn't ask to be lead into other rooms as we usually do. We were not curious about her room- for we knew she had as much chance of owning one for her as much as KKR ahd chance of winning next IPL.

So we talked about other things- about the new house they were building and other more colourful things.

I don't know if she's heard of my blog and I can't say if she'll ever read this- But I'm proud to have her as a friend...

Nothing was modern, nothing displayed elegance, nothing showed luxury, but everything in her home had love written all over it.
Even the neighbours came to talk to us...

Having picked Prabi, we proceeded to Akhila's home.

there were only Akhila and her sister-her parents weren't present.This allowed Midhun to be his usual self after hours of straining as if he was having constipation. And what followed was a series of situational comedies that would be unwise to try on paper.

Next was the beach session.
The absence of spare clothes didn't hold me back. But it did hinder Bastian and Shown to come and get drenched. However, in one particularly satisfying moment of the trip, I managed to get them both wet almost to the same level as mine.

Girls were more carefree as they'd no intention of coming to the function.

We went back to the Akhila's and took a bath and managed to present ourselves in the best possible decent manner at the party.
the party went like all parties do...
food and more food..

The night stay was as planned at PRP's (Actually, PRP was not present in the plan making stage).Oh sorry, before reaching PRP's, we had made another pit stop at Arjun Das' home.
And finally despite a heavy stomach and raging mosquitoes, I almost managed a good sleep.
Soon it was morning and time to go home.
I reached home in an event less return trip.
And back to the hibernation mode...

7 comments:

  1. Raji wasn't exaggerating.
    Its indeed a nice description.............

    But are you sure about that "sister" thing?
    And nothing about "ladder in the room"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was the best way of declaring i'm not having a crush(for her)...and i had to do it due to a set of reasons that'd be better left unsaid on the blog..

    and actually,i forgot to mention the ladder...we had spotted a ladder in sethu's bed room. And we teased her a lot asking if she used that to get into her bed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "....and I was left hoping if I'd a sister like her..."

    athu kurachu over aayi poyi.., sathyammmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. ninakku vendi chila thyagangal cheyyumpol athu kandillennu nadikkaruthu....

    ReplyDelete
  5. enthu thyagam.., nee Nibinodu cheythathu kola chathi aayipoyi..,

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what.... writing about a girl was exactly what this blog needed... Suddenly there is more activity than there's ever been...
    Anyway,i don't want to prolong the discussion...

    ReplyDelete