Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Feudal love story

I was a serf and the hero

She the heroine, but the lord's daughter

Our lives got interwined

and oh love was the wine i yearned!


But i lived in times

when happiness was proportioned

by the colour of the skin

and the caste i was born in


So the story turned bleak

I was caught and tried ere the council

a hundred slashes and i was off

but i was brave or drunk with love

then and there i cried


"If i was laid in sunlight

and the whole world could see me

I'd still cry the same

and clutch to my heart's  dame"


I was killed with gun and stone

and words-more sharper there was none....


                                        for the girl who made me wish if i had the serf's spirit and much better fate...............

3 comments:

  1. it's no wonder you lost all those marks in social science..........
    serf is a a medieval farm labourer forced to work for his land owner(as per oxford)

    ReplyDelete